CDBG Business Grant
The City of Williamsburg has teamed up with York County and Poquoson to offer local businesses a new $5,000 grant.
Use of Funds
The following costs are reimbursable for purchases made after the Governor’s Declaration of a State of Emergency on March 13th:
- Purchase of PPE (protective supplies, tools, equipment or inventory) and/ord cleaning services or supplies
- Property improvements or renovations of commercial location to accommodate social distancing and/or outdoor dining, recreation, services, etc.
- Software/Hardware expenses to accommodate delivery, online payments, online reservations, etc.
- Signage, advertising, marketing expenses, etc. to promote that your business is open and/or operating under modified conditions
- Payments for rent or mortgage during times of required business closure and/or modification
- Must be a for-profit business impacted by Governor Northam’s Executive Order 53
- Must have, at some point during the pandemic, employed fewer than 20 Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) employees
- Must be an active business located and licensed in the City of Williamsburg. Business must be open for business in some capacity as of the application date.
- Must be in good standing with all local taxes, licenses, permits, etc. Currently not in default or non-compliance with any City programs or ordinances.
- May not have already received reimbursement from any other local, state, or federal relief programs for the same items the business is applying for reimbursement for under this program.
- Home-based Businesses may apply, but must clearly show that the expenses are business related, not residential in nature.
- Non-profit agencies are not eligible for funding.
To learn more about this grant program, visit www.yeswilliamsburg.com/cdbggrant.